OneLife Medical Cost Sharing

Nationwide affordable coverage. Can you afford NOT to change?
Apply Now

What is Medical Cost Sharing?

Medical cost sharing, or health sharing ministries, are a group of like-minded individuals that agree to come together and help each other pay their medical expenses.

Get Started with Medical Cost Sharing!
Starting at $100/Month

Apply Now

How is it different than insurance?

We hold our claims pool inside of a 501c3. That means it can only be spent on our members medical care. With health insurance your premiums are used to pay crazy overhead expenses, inflated salaries, and all sorts of other expenses that have nothing to do with your care. With us, 80% of all payments go directly to care, the remaining 20% go to preventative services, administration and customer care. We are a non-profit, so profiting from your misfortune is something we don’t do.

How Much Does It Cost?

We offer monthly plans that are about 40% cheaper than traditional health insurance premiums. We do this by cutting out over 50% of the normal overhead associated with claims and service. Plus we help you proactively manage your health by covering healthy preventative procedures up front, like flu shots.

Apply Today to
Start Saving!

Apply Now

Monthly Premium Calculator

  • Years Old
  • Price: $0.00
  • Price: $0.00
  • Price: $0.00

Frequently Asked Questions

Is Maternity included?

Yes. We love children. Our membership guidelines can give you more details.

Who can participate?

Fill out our application and see if you qualify, our goal is to help everyone access affordable healthcare. You just have to be able to agree to three things: 1. Health insurance is way too expensive and not fair these days.
2. We, as a group, can manage our collective expenses by ourselves, and don’t need a profit driven corporation to make our health decisions.
3. Since we are sharing these medical costs for your needs, each member has to try and stay healthy.

What is the monthly premium?

Members do not have a monthly premium. Instead, our members contribute a monthly “share” based on age and how many in the household. Members deposit their monthly share into their sharing account Each month as claims are submitted we pay them from those sharing accounts. If you help another member out, you get a notification, otherwise you contributions stay in your sharing account.

Will my Doctor accept One Life Cares?

Yes, we are part of MultiPlan which is a nationwide network that the majority of medical providers participate in. If a medical provider is not a part of the MultiPlan network, they should still accept us as your medical sharing plan of choice. See Affiliated Providers in the Membership Guidelines for details.

What do I do when I need to go to the doctor?

Members are encouraged to search for a provider within our network. Once at the doctor appointment, members are responsible for paying a provider fee during any office or ER visit. One Life Cares members pay a $35 provider fee for doctors and hospitalizations, and a $200 provider fee for emergency room care. The balance of the bill is then sent to One Life Cares for processing and discounting. If the medical bill is eligible for sharing, OLC’s determines whether the annual household portion has been met. If so, the net amount is approved for sharing. If not, the net amount (what you owe the provider) is applied to your annual unshareable amount. Once you have met your annual unshareable amount, then the balance will be eligible for sharing.

Can I see any Doctor or do I need to go to in network Doctors?

As a One Life Member you are part of a sharing network. We try to manage the members risks by negotiating with medical networks to limit the charges they give to our members. We understand that sometimes you like a specific Doctor. There are two ways of dealing with that situation. First you can have the Doctor contact us so that we can talk with them. They may accept our rate and be happy to keep you as a client. If they want a different amount than we have in our plan, you can still go to them. We will pay the amount that we have negotiated, and you will be responsible for the difference.
Our plans provides discounts at certain providers for healthcare, wellness, and lifestyle services. Members must pay for all services at the time of service, but will receive a reduced price from those providers who have contracted with the program operator. Providers may not be available in all locations. Offers are subject to change without notice.